Saturday, March 28, 2015

About Vicki Finkel Ceramics

I never dreamed of being a ceramic artist, and now I can not envision my life without making pottery.


Vicki on the potter's wheel, a bowl is born.


After working years as a freelance journalist in Africa, then as a documentary filmmaker, and becoming a psychotherapist, I was fortunate to unexpectedly discover a new passion,  working with clay.  Today, my travels enable me to learn from master potters around the world. 

Vicki carving a porcelain vase in Korea.


To express myself through clay in colors and forms that speak to people is an immense honor and gift.  


Vicki experimenting with a new handbuilt form.



The potter's wheel is an ideal tool. 

Vicki "throwing" a porcelain vase on the potter's wheel.


 Working with clay is exciting with its limitless possibilities. 


Vicki creating a teapot spout on the potter's wheel.


I love to combine working on the wheel with enhancing by hand.


Wheel-made bowls and cups transformed by hand,  drying outside a studio in Japan.


I delight in playing with color and form to create unique functional art to be used and cherished.

Finished work glistening in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment